- SPECIALTY: Electrophysiology
- JOINED CSC, P.C.: April 2003
- UNDERGRADUATE: Wabash College (graduated 1976) Crawfordsville, Indiana
- GRADUATE: Loyola University of Chicago (graduated 1980 with PhD.) Maywood, Illinois
- MEDICAL SCHOOL: Indiana University School of Medicine (graduated 1984) Indianapolis, Indiana
- INTERNSHIP: University of Virginia School of Medicine Health Science Center (completed 1985) Charlottesville, Virginia
- RESIDENCY: University of Virginia School of Medicine Health Science Center (completed 1987) Charlottesville, Virginia
- FELLOWSHIP: Duke University Medical Center (completed 1990) Durham, North Carolina
- FACULTY: University of Virginia (1990 - 1993) Cardiology, Charlottesville, Virginia
- CURRENT BOARD CERTIFICATIONS: American Board of Internal Medicine; American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease; American Board of Internal Medicine - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- AFFILIATIONS: Penrose St. Francis Health Services, St. Francis Medical Center, Memorial Hospital, Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
- SPECIAL INTERESTS: Juvenile Diabetes, Breast Cancer Awareness, Sudden Cardiac Death Awareness
- GOALS: Because of personal reason, I hope to support the finding of a cure for diabetes.
- HOBBIES: Biking, running, fishing, hunting, hiking, wine cooking and art.
As part of living in Colorado Springs, I have tried to raise awareness in the community about the risks of cardiac arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death to hopefully make a positive impact on the well-being of our residents.
Michael J. Barber, M.D., PhD.