- SPECIALTY: Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Structural Heart Disease
- JOINED CSC, P.C.: August 2007
- UNDERGRADUATE: Bucknell University (graduated 1993) Lewisburg, PA
- MEDICAL SCHOOL: Jefferson Medical College (graduated 1998) Philadelphia, PA
- INTERNSHIP: University of Colorado Health Sciences (completed 1999) Denver, CO
- RESIDENCY: University of Colorado Health Sciences (completed 2001) Denver, CO
- FELLOWSHIP: Cleveland Clinic Foundation (completed 2005) Cleveland, OH, General Cardiology; Cleveland Clinic Foundation (completed 2007) Cleveland, OH, Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral, Vascular and Structural Heart Disease
- CURRENT BOARD CERTIFICATIONS: American Board of Internal Medicine; American Board of Internal Medicine -General Cardiology; American Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology; Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- AFFILIATIONS: Penrose St. Francis Health Services, St. Francis Medical Center, Memorial Hospital, Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center, Pikes Peak Regional Medical Center
- SPECIAL INTERESTS: American Heart Association
- GOALS: Professional interests include acute coronary syndrome, endovascular management of peripheral and carotid disease, endovascular management of structural heart disease.
- HOBBIES: Spending time with my wife and children, skiing, hiking and other outdoor activities
As a new physician to Colorado Springs, I look forward to joining a talented medical community committed to providing the highest level of cardiovascular care. I am optimistic that my training in the non-surgical and minimally invasive management of peripheral arterial disease and structural heart disease will provide our patients with state-of-the-art treatment options for complex diseases processes.
Christian M. Simpfendorfer, M.D.